A variety of articles that touch on political and economic issues relevant to the Mentawai Islands in various ways.
- History & Prehistory of the Mentawai Islands
- Where Did the Name ‘Mentawai’ Come From?—The Creation of the Mentawais & the ‘Mentawaians’
- Local Places, Non-Local Imaginings: Culture, Politics, & Imagination in the ‘Mentawais’
- Mentawai in Global Context (1): Beaches, Travelers, & Vague Boundaries—Developing Glocal Perspectives
- Mentawai in Global Context (2): Globalization, Regional Authority, and the Innervation of Local Political Process in the Mentawai Islands
- Spaces of Life, Spaces of Death: Towards a Phenomenology of the Austronesian House
- Bibliographic & Research Resources for the Mentawai Islands